So without further ado here are my suggestions for a new Canucks intro song:
1. Muse – Uprising: Starts off strong and the lyrics will appease the APC types and besides the beat is sick.
2. Metallica – Enter Sandman: Great opening riff and well its Metallica what more needs to be said. It may be a bit old for some of the younger fans.
3. Godsmack – Awake: Again excellent opening riff.
One of these three should be the song for at least the year if not two. Please no more U2 or coldplay!
When the Canucks score I’ve always like Blurs “Song 2”. They should bring that back instead of “Holiday” by Green Day, which is what they have been using during the preseason. Moreover, just for fun here are some songs for certain players.
- When Kevin Bieksa or Willie Mitchell gets into a fight or take a penalty: Eminem – Till I Collapse or Iron Man by Black Sabbath
- When Kesler scores: Living in America by James Brown or American Badass by Kid Rock
- When the glass breaks: Limp Bizkit – Break Stuff or Ludacris – Move Bitch
- When the Sedins score: Queens of the Stone Age – Little Sister
What do you guys think of the intro music and the music overall played at Canucks games?