Its that time of the year when grown men act like kids (even more so than usual) and women have a reason to dress up like sluts. Ahh yes, it must be Halloween. The Urban Dwellers favourite day of the year.
I promised I would provide you with a list of must attend Halloween events in Vancouver, I’m not talking about clubs (I’ll post the top Halloween Club events tomorrow), I’m talking about ghosts and ghouls here folks. Stories of supernatural events abound this time of the year and Vancouver has its fair share of haunted history. I’ll make sure to tell you some of the tales of the unknown in a future post, perhaps a Halloween version of my Sunday musings. In the mean time here are some Halloween events around Vancouver that are a must see:
- The Vancouver Haunted Trolley Tour: An evening of murderous tales and infamous hauntings. The tour runs from Oct 17 – Nov 1st. I’ll post more info later this week.
- Potter’s House of Horrors (in Surrey): This is great show, possibly the best of the haunted houses.
- Dunbar Halloween Haunted House @ 6478 Dunbar (South Vancouver): This annual event is amazing with lineups stretching around the block. October 17 – 31, 2008. Will post more information shortly.
- Fright Nights at the PNE. Check out my earlier post for complete info.
- Stanley Park Hallowe’en Ghost Train. Great for the wee ones. See previous post for more info.
- World of Weird @ Vancouver Aquarium: Check out some of the creepy, slimy and very weird at the aquarium, from October 16th to the 31st.
So there you go, 6 events for all age ranges. Go out and have a blast and don’t say there isn’t anything for you to do in this city.